BSc (Hons), DipTp (IP), PGDipl (Clinical Optometry), PGDipl (Cog. Neuroscience), Prof.Cert (Glaucoma), OPwSI Ophthalmology, MCOptom
Specialist Clinical Optometrist / Independent Prescriber
Mr Hyseni is an independent prescribing optometrist with keen interest in clinical optometry, acute ophthalmology and ocular surface disease.
He gained his primary qualification (BSc Hon in Optometry and Vision Sciences) from London City University in 2008 and has since completed several graduate academic and training programs achieving a Diploma in Therapeutics, PG Diploma in Clinical Optometry, PG Diploma in Cognitive Neuroscience and Professional Certificate in Glaucoma.
He is part of the Kent & Medway Community Ophthalmology Team and very passionate about making specialist eyecare accessible in the community. Although mostly engaged in seeing patients referred to him by local GPs or other optometrists, he is also available for routine comprehensive eye examinations.
Outside of work
When not seeing patients, Elion dabbles in product design and business development. He holds several trademarks, an international patent and is a serial entrepreneur in multiple industries.
- Comprehensive Routine Eye Examinations
- Specialist Eye Examinations (Disease-specific)
- Acute Primary Care Ophthalmology Service (APCOS)
- Community Glaucoma Network (CGN)
- Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS)
- Dry Eye Examinations & Management
- Specialist Optometrist – Benenden Hospital
- Therapeutic Optometrist – Community Ophthalmology Team (COT)
- Kent and Medway LOC – Committee Member
- Gold Optical Group – CEO